15.1.13

Use of VirtualPC-drives in Linux using VirtualBox

Hello @all,

many years ago I created a "VirtualPC-2007"-drive with WindowsXP. Some time ago I had to use that drive under Linux. After searching on the Web I found out, that "VirtualBox" by Oracle would be able to run virtual machines using VirtPC-drives.

So, I created a virtual PC in "VirtualBox" using "Virtualpc"-drive (OMG, what an ugly sentence...). But when I tried to run my virtual PC, Windows crashed with "Blue Screen of Death". I managed to capture the error:
DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

This message was caused by driver processr.sys. I searched for a solution and found this blog: http://morgansimonsen.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/blue-screen-bsod-on-virtualbox-vm/

So, I tried to disable processr.sys, but got an error that this service is not installed. So, I decided to ask an author about further steps. Waiting for his response...

Update: the CORRECT command is

sc config processor start= disabled

No comments: