14.2.12

Brother DCP-J315W under Ubuntu: installation and configuration

Hello everyone,

a month ago I changed from Debian to Ubuntu. Actually, I had to do, because I ruined my Debian installation.

I will report about my migration later, now I want to tell about installing my printer/scanner Brother DCP-J315W under Ubuntu. This nice page describes, how to do it. It costed me something like 10 minutes to install the printer. Very-very nice! As I said earlier, Brother-devices rule!

Regards,
Andrey

4 comments:

frondovo said...

Thanks for the info!
I am trying to install this in Linux Mint 14, to use it wirelessly.
How do you use your printer USB or WIFI? In case you use wifi, do you connect yourPC>router>printer or yourPC>printer directly? (the latter is what I want)
Thanks

Andrey said...

Hello,
I use my printer under Linux via USB and WiFi, scanner - only USB.

In the case of WiFi connection, printer gets its IP address from the router, and I communicate via router.

Anonymous said...

Ok thank you, the adhoc mode is impossible for me

Anonymous said...

sudo mkdir -p /var/spool/lpd/dcpj315w