30.11.07

Bluetooth on T43p under Linux

Hello everybody.

As you could find out from my previous posts, I set up ACPI on my
Thinkpad T43p. Now I can suspend and hibernate my laptop. But
when the things were ready, I discovered that my Bluetooth didn't
work anymore (initially, I could enable it by clicking Fn+F5).
So, I added new item in my ToDo-list - "Configure BT..."


Finally, today I found some time to configure my Bluetooth. It
was easy! Really easy. I had to create two extremely small
scripts - one must process an event of pressing Fn+F5, another one
- called by the first one - must enable/disable the Bluetooth. I
took me approximately 10 minutes to set everything up. In my work
I used these resources:

http://www.jkraemer.net/2005/10/10/t42-ubuntu
http://foosel.org/linux/t43#acpi_scripts
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu/Breezy_on_a_ThinkPad_T42#Using_Fn-F5_to_enable.2Fdisable_Bluetooth

The next thing I want to do is to create a script, which allows
to switch on/off both WLAN and BT using Fn+F5 (like it does on
Windows). WinXP uses rather ugly utility for it - user should
click in a small window, which of 2 devices must be
enabled/disabled. At the present I start my WLAN by calling my
own scripts from command line. And BT is now enabled by Fn+F5. I
want to combine them together..


Another hot topic for me is the usage of my Bluetooth cell phones
(S55 and - hopefully soon - arriving CX75) under Linux. Somehow
laptop and S55 see each other, but I cannot address the file
system of the cell phone, and I cannot send files from cell phone
to laptop...Does anyone have any ideas? I know it must be a kind
of OBEX-capable file browser. But which one?

Talk to you later,
Andrey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

большое спасибо было интересно прочитать

Anonymous said...

было познавательно читать, лайк

Anonymous said...

Благодарю за познавательный текст ))))